Organising a Barn Dance
- Appoint a treasurer.
- Think about how many people will come.
- Pick a date.
- Find a venue.
- Book the Band and a Caller.
- Arrange advertising - posters, newsletters, shop windows, libraries, radio, word-of-mouth.
- Get tickets and posters printed.
- Arrange food and drink, and some helpers.
- Advertise some more.
- Nominate door tenders.
- Double check on all offers of help.
- Provide a cash float for door ticket sales.
- Ensure the venue will be open in good time.
- Come along and enjoy the dance!
We can normally arrange a Caller for you. We provide our own amplification system, but we need to know in advance if there is an additional requirement (e.g. more power may be needed out-of-doors).